There is a well recognized statutory, administrative and judicial framework to uphold intellectual property rights ("IPR") in India, whether they relate to patents, trademarks, copyright or industrial designs. Well-known international trademarks have been protected in India even when they were not registered there. The courts, under the doctrine of breach of confidentiality, have accorded an extensive protection to trade secrets.
India is a signatory to the agreement on Trade Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights ("TRIPS"), which came into force on January 1, 1995 as part of its acceptance of the GATT regime under the WTO. Indian laws protecting IPR are in line with the minimum standards for protection and enforcement as laid down by TRIPS.
· Intellectual Property Regime in India
· Trade Mark
· Copyrights & Related Rights;
· Geographical Indications
· Semiconductors Integrated Circuit Layout-Designs
· Trade Secrets
· Plant Variety Protection
Taking the world by the tide, innovation and imagination has swept across every sphere of business be it brands, literary & musical works, research or anything else to do with intellect. With ever increasing cut- throat competition, the need to protect the Intellectual Property of the businesses and individuals now occupies a major place on the agenda of any business.
· Brand Health Report
· Registration Renewal of trade/service marks, copyrights, patents and designs
· Initial investigations into potential patentability of inventions
· License agreements
· Succession planning for IPRs
· Merchandising agreements
· Domain name disputes
· Identifying any misuses or infringement of brands and initiating appropriate legal actions
· Counterfeit Product Investigation/Seizure
· Advisory and Opinions on IPRs
· Litigations before all competent courts in India